4 Bad Link Building Strategies That Can Penalize Your Website
Link building is a process by which we can get high rankings in search engines. But as per changing trends, some of the bad link building strategies which were once considered to be great have outdated and moreover can get you penalized if practiced.
Bad Link Building Strategies 2019Here are 4 of these link building strategies that you must avoid in order to maintain your rankings in search engines:
1. Link ExchangesBloggers like me no longer recommend practicing link exchanges. Link exchanges can often appear to be spammy to search engines if the links aren’t from a similar niche.
Instead of Link exchanges, we can write give out links legally by creating a post reviewing the site to be linked. This not only makes your links legitimate but moreover, adds value for your readers too.
- What is link exchange in SEO?
2. Unnecessary blog commentingCommenting unnecessarily for links may not get you the benefit you are seeking for but this might lower your value in the eyes of potential readers.
Instead, leave comments that really add value to the host blog and provides exposure to you. Leaving out useful comments shows the amount of knowledge and experience that you have to offer to its readers and hence can get your potential readers/subscribers to your blog.
3. Keyword stuffingKeyword stuffing once worked like charm. It was once one of the greatest link building strategies and could’ve got you higher search engine rankings almost instantly but no more.
- What is keyword stuffing?
- How to avoid keyword stuffing?
4. Optimize Meta TagsOptimizing your meta tags with keywords once appeared to be relevant, but no more. Search Engines like Google have clearly stated that they do not consider it for ranking and indexing purposes.
While doing so will not affect your rankings in any way this can help you create an easy to explore and navigate site for your readers.
These strategies apart, for building up real links try Guest posting, article marketing, Social bookmarking and creating content worth linking.
If you do practice any of these ways of link building, do share your experience with us.